Patient Transport Officers
Location: Launceston & North East
Work type: Casual/Vacation
Classification: Healthcare & Medical Ambulance/Paramedics
(multiple casual vacancies)
Royal Flying Doctor Service (Tas) is developing a non-emergency patient transport service in Tasmania through their Mobile Patient Care devision.
Launceston based Patient Transport Officers will provide high quality patient care and treatment during the transport of patients with a wide variety of medical conditions, in accordance with RFDS MPC policies, procedures, and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations. A key focus of the role is on maintaining positive working relationships with clients.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Patient assessment, intervention and assess the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with all RFDS MPC policies and procedures, NEPT regulations and within prescribed scope of practice.
- Perform independently and problem solve within established policies and procedures as well as work collaboratively with other team members when required.
- Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC Policies and procedures and Non-Emergency Patient
- Transport Regulations to support best practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and verbal communication when delivering patient hand over to other health care professionals and in patient care records.
- Maintain contact with the controller of the day through correct radio procedure to ensure staff safety and accurate and timely job allocation.
- Direct other staff when you are the senior person, make confident decisions in regard to patient assessment, care and interventions as required prior to patient pick up and during patient transfer.
- Present and promote a positive and professional image of the RFDS to other health professionals, clients, including patients and the general public.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum qualification in Patient Transport (Certificate III in Non-Emergency Patient Transport) or Ambulance Tasmania level 2 or above
- Hold a current Tasmanian Driver’s License (mandatory) and have the ability to drive in both city and country traffic conditions.
- A current satisfactory National Police Check
- Current satisfactory Working with Children Check
How To Apply:
To apply for this role or to find out more information please contact Penny Laing: 0408 433948 or email at email@example.com