Patient Transport Officer (PTO)
St John Ambulance (VIC) has served the Victorian Community for over 130 years. Our mission is to increase the level of life-saving First Aid Skills within the community to save lives throughout the state.
Casual Patient Transport Officers will be engaged in the care and transport of non-emergency patients in accordance with St John Ambulance Patient Transport Quality Systems as well as other regulated standards.
Essential experience and attributes (Selection Criteria):
- A willingness and desire to work as a team member across varied shifts with a diverse workload;
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment;
- Ability to work varied shifts including day/ afternoon/ night/ weekend and public holiday shifts;
- Effective communication skills when dealing with stakeholders, patients, allied healthcare professionals and/or other St John Patient Transport personnel;
- Able to work reasonable additional hours if required; and
- A willingness to learn.
Essential qualifications, memberships and licences:
- Minimum Certificate III in Non-Emergency Client Transport;
- Possess a Full Current Victorian Driver’s Licence and safe driving record;
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Current Working with Children’s Check; and
- Ability to obtain a clear Current Police Check.
Experience as a Patient Transport Officer in the NEPT Industry is desirable but not essential provided that the essential qualifications, memberships and licences requirements are met.
St John offers benefits including career growth and salary packaging options.
Should you have the desire to join a dynamic and progressive organisation apply now by attaching your CV and cover letter addressing the above Selection Criteria and emailing your application to email@example.com
Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
Get qualified for this job by enroling in the Certificate IV in Healtchare