Patient Transport Officer Job
Patient Transport Officer Job – Tasmania
$54,448.00 to $57,604.00 per annum.
Department of Health – Ambulance Tasmania – Launceston
NOTE: Patient Transport Officer Job, is an example of the type of job you can do when you have attained pre-hospital health care qualifications or are looking to find a pathway into Australian Defense Force jobs as a combat medic. We encourage you to conduct your own research on the online jobs boards such as SEEK, Indeed and Jora.
Duties for this Patient Transport Officer Role:
The Patient Transport Officer will provide an efficient and safe non emergency patient transport service for eligible Department of Health (DoH) and Tasmanian Health Service (THS) patients in accordance with Ambulance Tasmania (AT) Non Emergency Patient Transport Policy and Clinical Protocols, including:
- Provide safe patient transport of medically stable patients who require basic care and observation during transport. Undertaking duties in accordance with established practices, procedures and policies. To attend to these duties promptly as directed by the Executive Manager Health Transport or delegate.
- Provide patient care and transport as allocated through Patient Transport Dispatch in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain operational contact with the Patient Transport Dispatcher(s).
- Undertake pre-transport assessment of patients and handover of patients at destination.
- Complete and maintain patient case/care records and any other required documentation and use technology related to non-emergency patient transport.Note: – Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Health Services Officer Level 5
Health and Human Services (Tasmanian State Service) Award
Period of employment / Hours:
Permanent full-time day work (with on-call) (part-time hours may be considered by negotiation) Future vacancies may also be appointed from this process.
- Please note: Other permanent full-time and part-time vacancies, and fixed term full-time and part-time vacancies, that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- serious traffic offences
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://www.seek.com.au/job/38212418?searchrequesttoken=2acf5e3c-becc-4afa-9663-52a5cfe5ce9c&type=standard” text=”APPLY FOR THIS PATIENT TRANSPORT OFFICER JOB” ]