Paramedic Job Port Pirie Nyrstar
Attention: Paramedic Wanted
Paramedic Job Port Pirie Nyrstar
Nyrstar is urrently seeking an Industrial Paramedic to provide emergency response, first aid treatment, occupational health and health promotion as part of a 24/7 roster.
Nyrstar is a leading global multi-metals company processing refined lead, zinc, copper, silver, gold and sulphuric acid. With an 850 plus workforce of contractors and full time staff on site, they have an obligation to have the best pre-hospital emergency health care professionals on board.
More about Paramedic Job Port Pirie Nyrstar
The Industrial Paramedic will fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Respond to all onsite medical emergencies, both work related and non-work related, which may include trauma, cardiac, psychological disorders
- Coordinate transport from emergency scenes
- Drug and alcohol screenings and blood testing for lead levels
- Administer medication, immunisations and flu vaccinations
- Assess, treat, report and manage work and non-work related injuries and illnesses
- Use of medication administration devices (infusion pumps)
- Document and notify site management of all onsite injuries or incidents
- Toolbox talks and education sessions on health and hygiene protocols
- Develop professional relationships with onsite clinical team, management and workers, other medical services providers including but not limited to counsellors, hospitals and regional ambulance teams
- Maintain all required certification standards including that of annual ALS reaccreditation
- Follow Nyrstar and Jobfit protocols and processes, and maintain accurate medical records in accordance to the Privacy Act and WorkCover SA
- Paramedic Job Port Pirie Nyrstar
Location: Port Pirie
Work Type: Permanent Full Time
Healthcare & Medical – Ambulance/Paramedics
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- University degree in Paramedicine/Paramedical Science with minimum of 3 years ambulance, industrial or mine site experience OR Diploma Applied Science (Ambulance Studies) TAFE SA OR other equivalent recognised qualifications such as PHTLS with minimum of 3 years’ operational hands-on experience
- Current Drivers Licence
- Competence in all aspects of onsite Emergency Response including Breathing Apparatus, Fire Suppression, Hazmat, Rope Rescue, Vehicle Extrication, Confined Space Rescue, Road Crash Rescue (or willing to acquire)
- Drug and Alcohol Testing and Blood Testing accreditation desirable (or willing to acquire – mandatory)
- Experience working onsite in construction, mining or heavy industry would be well regarded
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative
- Highly effective communication and inter-personal skills
The employer: Nyrstar
Interested applicants will be screened by Jobfit Health Group, a divison of Fullerton Health recognized for their broad range of occupational healthcare services to thousands of businesses nationally, including pre-employment medical assessments, work fitness assessments, injury management and prevention, drug and alcohol screening, onsite medical services, health surveillance and health and wellness programmes.
Located on the eastern shore of the Upper Spencer Gulf in South Australia, approximately 230 kms north of Adelaide, the Port Pirie smelter has been in constant operation for over 127 years. There is an adjacent dedicated port facility where concentrates are received, with final products dispatched by road and rail.
The Port Pirie Redevelopment involves the conversion of the Port Pirie operations into an advanced metal recovery and refining facility, enabling the facility to process a wider range of high margin feed materials, including internal zinc smelter residues and concentrates. Once fully ramped-up, the Port Pirie Redevelopment will allow Nyrstar to capture a greater proportion of the value contained within the feed material consumed by its global network of smelters as well as third party residues. The increased operating flexibility of the smelter following the Port Pirie Redevelopment is expected to create a fundamentally different operating and business model.
The key aspects of the Port Pirie Redevelopment include the replacement of the existing sinter plant with an oxygen enriched bath smelting furnace and replacement of the existing sulfuric acid plant with a new plant with greater capacity and upgraded technology.
Apply for this Paramedic Job Port Pirie Nyrstar
Click [maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://www.seek.com.au/job/34896420?type=standout&userqueryid=34745b8282b03f280adff4f8d64ea194-1790722″ text=”APPLY NOW”] to submit your application.