Medical Ambulance Emergency Services Officer FIFO Perth
Medical and Emergency Services Officer
Karara Mining Limited is a joint venture between Gindalbie Metals Limited and AnSteel, one of the largest iron ore producers and steel makers in China. Karara operates an iron ore mine and associated infrastructure in the mid-west region of W.A. The operation is designed for a +30 year mine life and production of 8Mtpa. It comprises a long life and world-class magnetite deposit; dedicated rail infrastructure; and an integrated train load-out/ship loading facility at our Geraldton port operations.
Karara is breaking new ground with the development and ongoing operation of the first significant iron ore mine in the mid- west.
They are looking for an experienced and highly capable Medical and Emergency Services Officer (MESO) to join the site Health and Safety team.The MESO is responsible for leading Emergency Response Teams and providing a professional approach to emergency services both proactively and reactively based on prevention, preparedness, response and recovery.
This is a FIFO role comprising of 8 days on (Dayshift) 6 days off / 7 days on (Nightshift) / 7 days off continuous rotation.
- Actively promoting the Karara Health and Safety systems, engaging with employees and contractors and providing specialist advice to the management team.
- Assist in managing the sites emergency preparedness
- Actively conduct and participate in post incident debriefings
- Operate response vehicles and rescue equipment to an extremely high standard
- Conduct on site Fitness for Work (FFW) testing including Drug & Alcohol screening.
- Conduct workplace audits, inspections, scheduled equipment checks & maintenance
- Undertake the functions of access control and site security during night shift to ensure the safety and integrity of operations on the site
- Assist the incumbent fire services technician in undertaking system testing and inspections
Qualification & License Requirements:
- Cert IV Health Care (Ambulance)
- Cert IV Training and Assessment
- Cert III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Collect Pathology Specimens other than blood
- National Police Clearance
- WA medium rigid drivers license
- Previous experience in open pit mine site injury/emergency management role or similar
- Up to date knowledge of rescue techniques, equipment and medical practices
The Karara lifestyle
The Karara village is brand new and offers high quality amenities with en-suited rooms, Telstra 3G mobile coverage; an eco-walking/jogging trail in a natural bush setting, as well as swimming pool, mini golf, tennis, cricket, gym and volleyball facilities. It is only a short commute (45 minutes) from Perth to our purpose-built airstrip at Karara.
This provides the opportunity for you to spend more time at home and less time travelling. The mid-west offers a more temperate climate than other iron ore mining regions in the Pilbara region.
Candidates must meet the essential experience and qualifications to be considered for this position. If you satisfy all the applicant requirements and think you can make a difference, please apply below.
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://au.jora.com/job/Emergency-Services-Officer-edfab0d890b0f54ead8240cce7b56729″ text=”CLICK APPLY NOW “]