Experienced HS Officer Medic Duketon Gold Project
H&S Advisor/Medic FIFO Perth | 2:1 Roster
Regis Resources Limited (ASX: RRL) is an ASX 200, Perth based gold mining and exploration company with a proven management team that has a successful track record of developing numerous gold operations.
The Company is a purely Australian gold miner with operations at the Duketon Gold Project in the North Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia and the McPhillamys Gold Project in the Central Western region of New South Wales. The Duketon Gold Project encompasses Moolart Well, Garden Well and Rosemont sites.
They are currently recruiting an experienced HS Officer / Medic to join the team at the Duketon Gold Project.
As the HS Officer / Medic you will be responsible for providing first aid and emergency response services, as well as providing advice and services to line management in the application of H&S practices.
Member of the H&S / Medic team are seeking candidate who:
- Takes a hands on approach
- Provides clear leadership in Health and Safety, with the ability to drive a culture of safety awareness
- Shows a level of pride in their work and is willing to take action to ensure the safety of Regis Resources employees and contractors
- Follows direction and has a sound business approach to their role.
Qualifications and experience:
- Certificate IV Occupational Health and Safety or similar
- Certificate IV Health Care – Industrial Medic or similar
- Computer literacy i.e. word processing, excel, data base etc.
- 3+ years’ mining experience and at least 1 year in a similar role.
- Site inductions
- Provide first aid treatment and medical transport, complete relevant medical forms
- Effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
- Conduct first aid training
- Maintain first aid stocks throughout operations
- Conduct drug and alcohol testing
- Check, monitor and respond to alarm systems
- Coordinate responses to emergency situations
- Assist in designing, developing, preparing and conducting safety training
- Identifying safety training needs on site and researching appropriate training solutions
- Preparing data on safety performance, identifying trends and opportunities for improvement
- Conducting safety audits
- Utilization and maintenance of database and spreadsheets as required
- Undertaking or assisting in accident and incident investigations
- Processing Workers’ Compensation claims.
How to apply
To apply please submit an up to date resume and cover letter addressing your relevant experience by clicking the Apply now link.
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://www.seek.com.au/job/35122609″ text=”CLICK APPLY NOW “]