Emergency Services Officer & Paramedic Underground mining Adelaide
Emergency Services Officer & Paramedic
Join Australia’s most exciting new underground mining project.
Carrapateena will be a large scale world class mine built and operated by world class people. They are building a modern mine site in South Australia and getting operationally ready for seamless commissioning. This role is now available and need your help.
At OZ Minerals Carrapateena, they value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration. We are a mid-tier mining company so you will not get lost in the crowd or tangled in bureaucracy. Rather, they unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career.
The role will focus on the establishment and maintenance of Carrapateena’s Emergency Response Capabilities through the ongoing identification of emergency response requirements and ensuring that the project has the correct equipment, people and training to provide response.
As a qualified Paramedic the role will also provide provision of high quality health services through the Medical Centre and for all statutory occupational health requirements for the Carrapateena Project, providing timely and professional occupational, remote health and emergency response services as required.
The Officer – Emergency Services & Paramedic role will focus on ensuring the Carrapateena project is safely delivered on time and on budget. Specifically, this includes:
- Provide primary health care treatment, emergency medical & trauma services to all personnel at Carrapateena
- Log incident & personal data into INX InControl & InHealth database
- Manage rehabilitation and return to work programs
- Coordinate fitness for work programs and activities
- Coordination of mental health support programs
- Coordinate and Undertake Drug and Alcohol Testing (Random and For Cause)
- Prepare the project for and provide emergency response to various incidents including all underground emergency incidents, Road Crash Rescue, Search and Rescue, Medical Evacuation and Industrial and Commercial Fire fighting.
- Prepare the project for and provide emergency response to various incidents including airfield, vertical rescue and HAZMAT before these risks begin to occur on site.
- Ensure Emergency Pre-plans including but not limited to Confined Space Rescue Plans, Building Evacuation Plans, and area specific plans, as determined appropriate through legislation or site management are implemented across site and exercised accordingly.
- Coordinate Site Wide Evacuation Plans including Fire Wardens and exercising of plans annually
- Provide general emergency response training to all personnel on site including Fire Extinguisher and other training as deemed appropriate.
- Provision of Hazardous Materials coordination for all hazardous materials including maintenance of the Safety Data Management System/database (ChemAlert)
- Participate in the recruitment and retention of Emergency Response Team volunteers.
- Assist with the delivery of internal training packages to the ERT volunteers.
- Ensure all activities undertaken by the ER Team are consistent with relevant state and federal legislation, Australian Standards and industry best practice.
This role requires a self-motivated, hands on and values based individual with a desire to deliver best practice outcomes with skills, experience, and personal attributes including:
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Paramedic) or
- Certificate IV Ambulance/ Diploma paramedical science or equivalent.
- Advanced life support qualifications.
- Course in Drug & Alcohol screening.
- Current Audiometry and Spirometry Certificate.
- Certificate III Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Response to various incidents including: Airfield, HAZMAT, RCR, SAR, Vertical Rescue, Medical Evacuation, Industrial and Commercial Fire fighting
- Mine Rescue and Surface Emergency Response
- Awareness of the state health department licensing and clinical management requirements particularly in regards to medication management vaccination and cold chain management.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Legislation in relation to Health and Safety.
- Knowledge of commercial driver Health standards (Ausroads).
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement health monitoring programmed to ensure compliance with WHS Legislation.
- Injury management / rehabilitation experience in an industrial or mining workplace
OZ Minerals – a modern mining company
They are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper core. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100). They own the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine, are currently constructing the ~A$1b Carrapateena copper-gold mine and progressing the West Musgrave project (Australia’s largest undeveloped copper-nickel resource).
Uniquely, our focus is on creating value for all our stakeholders: employees, communities, shareholders, supplier and government equally. They care about not just what you do but also how you do it. How they work together principles underpin everything they do.
Carrapateena is an iron-oxide copper-gold deposit located in South Australia on the eastern margin of the Gawler Craton. Carrapateena is one of the country’s largest undeveloped copper deposits and will be developed as a modern Sub Level Cave.
If you satisfy all the applicant requirements and think you can make a difference, please apply below.
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://au.jora.com/job/Emergency-Services-Officer-61ec43f68b7f1492feac97f5f105bb2e” text=”CLICK APPLY NOW “]