Emergency Management Compliance Advisor Melbourne VIC
Emergency Management Compliance Advisor
V/Line, Victoria’s largest regional passenger transport operator, has a long history of serving its communities through rail and coach services. As part of a constantly evolving industry, V/Line is responsible for over 80 train stations and maintenance of approximately 3,500 kilometers of rail track across Victoria.
The organization is committed to maintaining high customer satisfaction ratings in the industry through continually working to improve the customer experience.
As a member of the Security and Resilience Departments, the Emergency Management Compliance Advisor plays a key role in assisting the Manager Business Resilience with ensuring compliance with the Emergency Management Act 2013, AS/NZS ISO31000 Risk Management and the Rail Safety National Law 2012 requirements are met.
The Emergency Management Compliance Advisor will be responsible for the following:
- Deliver emergency management training to V/Line employees, including fire extinguisher and fire warden training
- Assist the Manager Business Resilience with developing and updating emergency management training packages
- Assist the area managers with ensuring that stations, depots and offices meet the requirements of AS3745 – Planning for Emergencies in Facilities
- Assist area managers with the development of area specific emergency response plans and the testing of these plans
- Assist the Manager Business Resilience with the delivery of train familiarization sessions to external emergency services (e.g. Victoria Police, SES, CFA/MFB, Ambulance Victoria)
To be successful in securing this role, you will hold a qualification in Emergency Management. You will also be able to demonstrate sound experience in a similar role, as well as the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Fire extinguisher training or experience in fire or emergency services is advantageous.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience and is a medical category 3. To be successful in your application, you will be able to demonstrate experience with information management systems.
Sound experience across a range of Microsoft Office products is a must, as is the ability to pick up new systems quickly. With a good eye for detail and strong general administration skills, you will be able to demonstrate a willingness to learn.
The selection process may include aptitude assessments, a behavioural event interview, national probity (police) check and medical examination in line with the National Standard for Health Assessment for Rail Safety Workers.
Please note that all candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application, but unsuccessful candidates will not be provided with specific feedback
Candidates must meet the essential experience and qualifications to be considered for this position. If you satisfy all the applicant requirements and think you can make a difference, please apply below.
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://au.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=0323e1e4cf6a5a19&tk=1co60j5m4107j003&from=serp&vjs=3″ text=”CLICK APPLY NOW “]