Ambulance Transport Attendant (Casual)
Work type: Casual/Part Time
Classification: Health care/Paramedic
St John Ambulance Australia (Victoria) has provides professional care and a valuable community service for over 130 years and are the trusted name in community healthcare.
Due to an increase in the healthcare industry, we are recruiting several casual Ambulance Transport Attendants for the care and transport of low, medium, high and complex non-emergency patient transport.
Work is on a rotational roster basis operating on a variety of shift types including but not restricted to, Ambulance Victoria (AV) shifts, Hospital Based Vehicle (HBV) shifts, AV Complex Patient Transport Vehicle (CPAV) shifts, Ad Hoc shifts and High Acuity Patient Transport (HAPT) shifts.
St John Ambulance Australia offers great benefits including salary packaging options, career growth, free breakfast and fruit, coffee machines, additional leave days and staff excellence awards.
Previous experience required:
- A proven ability to resolve issues that may result in patient transport delays;
- Ambulance Transport Attendant experience in the NEPT Industry;
- Willingness to work a rotational roster including weekends and public holidays;
- Leadership skills to ensure high standards of patient care and safety are met within your team;
- Effective communication skills when dealing with stakeholders, patients, allied healthcare professionals and/or SJAPT personnel; and
- Able to work reasonable additional hours if required.
Necessary qualifications, memberships and licences:
- Diploma of Paramedical Science (Ambulance) or equivalent at a minimum or Registered Nurse Division 1 with appropriate Ambulance Bridging Course;
- Ability to obtain a Current Police Check.
- Willingness to obtain and maintain a Current Working with Children’s Check; and
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence and safe driving record.
How To Apply:
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Danielle Bourke, People and Culture on (03) 8588 8361 or forward your CV and covernote to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get qualified for this job by enroling in the Diploma of Paramedical Science.