Ambulance Service Manager Reporting Analysis Sydney NSW
Ambulance Service Manager
The primary function of this role is to assist the Director Management Accounting Services with the management and delivery of a corporate Management Accounting service and system. The responsibilities of the role include the reconciliation of NSW Ambulance’s internal budget with the Ministry of Health allocation, the maintenance and the ongoing development of the internal budget allocation process and its dissemination to budget holders to align with executive level strategy.
The role is also responsible for maintaining the year end forecasts, and providing performance reporting, trend analysis and exception reporting to support monthly and projected results. This requires close collaboration with colleagues in the management accounting, financial accounting and revenue teams.
The Manager Reporting and Analysis manages a small team to deliver timely and accurate reports to the wider organization and to assist with the preparation of the monthly narrative. The incumbent is required to facilitate problem solving and collaboration within the wider Finance team. Understanding of the key information systems and tools is essential to this role as well as maintaining the organizations cost center structure.
Employees subject to an ECP or ICP consolidation period are ineligible to apply for this position.
- The successful applicant will be appointed under the terms and conditions of the Health Managers (State) Award and will be required to enter into the annual Performance Development Program.
- The successful applicant may be required to undertake duties at the other centers should the need arise.
- No Ambulance accommodation is provided.
- No entitlements to Transferred Employees Benefit (TEB) is provided.
- Appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory conduct and services check, which includes referee/supervisor check, a review of National Criminal Record Check, review of Service Check Register,a review of sick leave, ability to undertake full duties of the position and clearance from Legal, Regulatory & Professional Standards.
- Applicants must address the selection criteria, attaching any associated documents together with their resume. Candidates who do not address the selection criteria will not proceed through the selection process.
- An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies.
- It is requirement that all candidates submit their applications online via ROB. No paper based or email applications will be accepted.
- Relevant tertiary qualification and eligibility or near eligibility for membership of a recognized professional accounting body such as CPA Australia or Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of public sector accounting requirements and financial management procedures including the Public Finance and Audit Act, Treasurers Directions, Health Service Accounting Procedures Manual and relevant legislation and regulations, and the principles of accrual accounting
- Extensive skills and experience in complex financial analysis and cost allocation methodologies in a large and diverse organization
- Demonstrated high-level skills and experience in using financial management information systems, spreadsheets, word processing, data bases and other office software packages particularly with Microsoft Office to manipulate, analyze and present financial information and sound knowledge of large ERP systems (Oracle preferred)
- Demonstrated successful experience in leading and managing a team
- Demonstrated capacity in the effective formulation, implementation and management of financial policy and planning in a complex service environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills with proven experience in conveying complex information in a clear and concise manner to senior executive as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
Candidates must meet the essential experience and qualifications to be considered for this position. If you satisfy all the applicant requirements and think you can make a difference, please apply below.
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://au.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=d0f08e4578e02792&tk=1cq4eof9f10jk002&from=serp&vjs=3″ text=”CLICK APPLY NOW “]