Patient Transport Officer Jobs Melbourne St. John Ambulance
Attention: Patient Transport Officers Wanted Victoria
Patient Transport Officer Jobs Melbourne
St Johns Victoria is advertising Patient Transport Officer Jobs Melbourne. St John’s offers first aid services, training and equipment. They’re looking to hire additional Patient Transport Officers (PTOs) that will be responsible for the care and transport of non-emergency patients. Minimum requirement is: Certificate III in Non-Emergency Client Transport.
These entry-level positions are the perfect stepping stone into a career in non-emergency patient transport; and with the right training, patient transport officers can upgrade their skills to Ambulance Attendant by way of the HLT51015 – Diploma of Paramedical Science, which is the highest level qualification before enroling into a university degree to become a State Ambulance Paramedic.
Work Type: Casual/Vacation
Healthcare & Medical – Ambulance/Paramedics
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Minimum Certificate III in Non-Emergency Client Transport;
- Possess a Full Current Victorian Driver’s Licence and safe driving record;
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Current Working with Children’s Check;
- Ability to obtain a clear Current Police Check;
- A willingness and desire to work as a team member across varied shifts with a diverse workload;
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment;
- Ability to work varied shifts including day/ afternoon/ night/ weekend and public holiday shifts;
- Effective communication skills when dealing with stakeholders, patients, allied healthcare professionals and/or other St John Patient Transport personnel;
- Able to work reasonable additional hours if required; and
- A willingness to learn.
The employer: St. John Ambulance:
Active in Australia for over 130 years, St John Ambulance Australia is a self-funding, charitable organisation active in all States and Territories, dedicated to helping people in sickness, distress, suffering or danger. Providing services to a broad scope of the community, St John Ambulance Australia is the country’s leading supplier of first aid services and training.
Here are just some of the things they do.
- First Aid training (Over 500,000 first aid certificates last year);
- First Aid kits;
- First Aid and Health Services at community and public events, and assistance during national disaster relief, through volunteers (16,000 volunteers deliver 1.2 million hours of volunteer service treating over 100,000 people each year.);
- A range of community care services for the aged, the infirm, the immobile and lonely, provided by 2,000 volunteers;
- Ambulance services in Western Australia and the Northern Territory (3,500 paid and volunteer ambulance officers);
- Funding and support for Ophthalmic services at the St John Jerusalem Eye Hospital, in East Timor and in Australian communities;
- A national youth development program for more than 4,000 young people aged 8 to 18 years;
- Public access defibrillators throughout the Australian community.
- First Aid training for school students
- First Aid training for learner drivers.
- Internationally St John are part of The Order of St John with a long and honourable history.