Patient Transport Officer – Emergency Medical Narrandera NSW
Patient Transport Officer – Narrandera
What you will be doing
- Transfer of patients from MLHD Facilities to another facility, internal or external to the Local Health District. Transport of patients from MLHD Facilities to medical appointments at another hospital or private sector provider.
- Assist, as required, NSW Ambulance with patient transfers to assist bed flow management.
- Provide service 24 hours a day as part of a 7 day rotating roster.
Patient Transport Officers will have completed training and maintain skills in the following:
- Advanced cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Guedels Airways
- Basic life support skills
- Advanced First Aid
- Patient handling and lifting techniques,
- Driver training
- Oxygen administration and transport and handling of specialized equipment (eg cardiac defibrillators)
- Applicants to have an Advanced First Aid certificate. Consideration may be given to applicants with a current Senior First Aid certificate, who are able to undertake the Advanced First Aid certificate at their own expense within the first 6 months of appointment.
- Current license to drive in NSW (Class C) with a proven safe driving record verified by a current Roads and Maritime Services license printout and a knowledge of and ability to undertake minor motor maintenance.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with ability to work both independently and within a team.
Please note that to apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident, or be able to independently and legally live and work in Australia. For more information, please see www.immi.gov.au
If you are applying for a Category ‘A’ position, please read and understand NSW Health Policy Directive PD2018_009. All new employees must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy.
For role related queries or questions contact Susan Clout on Lee.Clout@health.nsw.gov.au
Candidates must meet the essential experience and qualifications to be considered for this position. If you satisfy all the applicant requirements and think you can make a difference, please apply below.
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://au.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=0ad0c01a3da19cd8&tk=1cq4enujp10jk002&from=serp&vjs=3″ text=”CLICK APPLY NOW “]