Paramedics & Paramedic Emergency Service Officers Central Queensland Australia
Paramedic Emergency Service Officers DIDO & FIFO Roles
MSS Strategic Medical and Rescue is the multidisciplinary industrial medical, fire rescue and security division of MSS Security group of companies, and a provider of premium services to the mining, energy and resources sectors across Australia.
They are currently seeking qualified Full Time and Casual Paramedics with rescue skills, or the interest to be trained in rescue. Who are looking for a rewarding career opportunity in Queensland. These positions offer an immediate start for suitable candidates living in various locations across Australia who are seeking a FIFO roster, or DIDO living local to the area.
About the role
As a Paramedic Emergency Service Officer, you will be part of the site emergency response team and are first response to all mine site emergency incidents, while supporting site medical, training and HSE activities.
To be a successful candidate the following mandatory qualifications:
- Degree in Paramedical Science or Ambulance Service Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience within a paramedic emergency response role or equivalent
- Paramedics Australasia Membership
- RII30709 Certificate III Mines Emergency Response & Rescue, (or the ability to undertake the training to achieve).
typically the mines rescue training is composed of the following
- Learn how to operate breathing apparatus effectively
- Undertake confined space rescues
- Undertake vertical rescues at heights and in unusual situations
- Provide first aid assistance
- Provide advanced first aid on-site
- Identify detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident
- Render hazardous materials at the scene of an incidents safe
- Communicate effectively in the workplace
- Prepare all equipment for emergency response includes safety and medical
- Conduct group fire team operations
- Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- Control emergencies and critical situations
- Maintain and monitor site quality standards
- Conduct local risk control at the scene of an incident
- Apply risk management processes
- Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
Successful applicants will be required to undertake some or all of the below:
- Current Coal Mine Workers Health Scheme Assessment (Coal Board Medical – Rescue)
- Provide up to date immunizations for Tetanus and Hepatitis A&B
- Current Physical Functional Capacity Evaluation
- Ability to attain National Police Clearance certification
- BMA Core Induction or Mining Generic Standard 11
- Drug & Alcohol Testing Certification
- Rehabilitation & Return to Work Coordinator Certification
Location and Remuneration
MSS are offering DIDO (Central QLD) and FIFO (ex Brisbane, however we will consider various FIFO locations for the right candidate) employment on equal time, rotational rosters.
Please click the “Apply” button and ensure you attach your current curriculum vitae and a cover letter.
[maxbutton id=”6″ url=”https://www.seek.com.au/job/33868301?type=standout&userqueryid=34745b8282b03f280adff4f8d64ea194-9702566″ text=”APPLY FOR THIS JOB” ]