Paramedical Training & Emergency Response Superintendent Bowen Basin
Training & Emergency Response Superintendent
Bounty Mining acquired Cook Colliery in late 2017 and has been ramping up production utilizing a bord and pillar style mining operation. Coal production commenced in Q1 of 2018 and Bounty plans to progressively increase production to a nominal 1 million tonne per annum ROM rate from September 2018. Place change mining will be introduced in the June quarter of 2019, which will further increase production rates.
Bounty are also proposing to develop the Minyango coking coal deposit which is adjacent to Cook Colliery for which a Mining lease has been granted. Bounty will also continue development of the Wongai project in North Qld which has a longer-term horizon. Bounty also recently completed a successful listing on the ASX.
The initial Cook Colliery operation is being staffed by a small Owner’s team managing contractors. This team will grow as production increases over the next 12 months. This is an exciting opportunity to join a motivated and dynamic team in a growing company that is set to become a major player in underground coal in Qld.
The position will be located in the Bowen Basin on a Monday to Friday basis with the opportunity for development and career progression.
Reporting to the HSE Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the on-boarding & induction process
- Conduct and maintain the Training Need Analysis (TNA) requirements
- Identify and conduct SHMS training, including the development of training material
- Manage equipment licensing and technical training requirements.
- Emergency preparedness & Qld Mines Rescue coordination.
- UG & Surface emergency preparedness infrastructure installation, construction and maintenance.
- Fire Officer inspection coordination
- Coordinate and manage Level 1 emergency exercises and implement a system to ensure prescribed emergency exercises are executed.
- Compile and manage the training budget
Pleased to receive your application should you possess:
- Certificate IV Training & Assessment (TAE) or higher• A thorough understanding of underground coal mining.
- Experience in a training and/or emergency response position
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills coupled with a proactive and inclusive attitude.
- High level of attention to detail with experience in managing an electronic database as well as the ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Ability to build relationships with external service providers & internal teams.
Candidates must meet the essential experience and qualifications to be considered for this position. If you satisfy all the applicant requirements and think you can make a difference, please apply below.
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://au.jora.com/job/Emergency-Response-Superintendent-855d15b93c25748a4ec7757e424887d8″ text=”CLICK APPLY NOW “]