Health Practitioner Pre-Employment
Health Practitioner needed for Pre-Employment and rail medicals
About the business and the role
Founded in 1996, Jobfit Health Group is a leading occupational healthcare provider with wholly-owned and operated centers across Australia. Focused on creating lasting business partnerships, tailoring our approach to meet specific industry and organizational requirements.
Jobfit delivers a broad range of occupational healthcare services to thousands of businesses nationally, including pre-employment medical assessments, work fitness assessments, injury management and prevention, drug and alcohol screening, onsite medical services, health surveillance, and health and wellness programmed.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- The project involves performing pre employment and category 2 rail medicals for our client.
- The project requires travel to rural locations throughout South Australia to perform pre-employment medicals and rail medicals.
- Working in a team of two with either a registered nurse or medical technician, the medical assessments comprise of reviewing the medical history and a full examination.
- A typical day involves 16 medicals, scheduled between 8am to 5pm, with some set up and pack down time outside of these hours which will result in a start time of 7am and a finish time of approx. 6pm.
- The examining doctor is required to report their findings to Jobfit’s rail accredited doctor at the end of each day via phone who will advise of the final result. This must then be conveyed to Jobfit’s harvest coordinator. No determinations will be made by the examining doctor as to the suitability of the candidate.
- Clinic days are weekdays only, but some weekend travel may be required.
- Clinics are held in various hired locations, such as community halls and sporting clubs and are not in normal medical centers
- Ensure appropriate venues are provided by our client, it is not always possible to source high level accommodations in some rural and remote locations. As a result a high degree of adaptability and flexibility required around working environment and conditions.
- Travel to and from the sites will be arranged and paid for by Jobfit, including any applicable flights, car hire and accommodation
- Client can cancel clinics up to three business days prior to that clinic date. If cancellations are made with less than three business days notice, we will compensate with 50% of the original fee. If clinics are cancelled with more than three business days notice then no compensation will be made.
Skills and experience
Applicants – professional and personal attributes:
- Must possess strong clinical skills, preferably with experience in occupational health and medicine.
- Experience in conducting pre-employment medical assessments, experience in workplace injury and illness management and musculoskeletal injury amendment
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Follow protocols and processes as outlined by Jobfit and the client for the project
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including demonstrated experience interacting with a wide range of people
- Ability to deliver services in a manner consistent with the requirements of the client and/or the service agreement between Jobfit and the client
Applicants must possess:
- Current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration
- Australian Drivers License (clean)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
Jobfit Health Group is a division of Fullerton Health Australia.
Would you like to apply for this job?
[maxbutton id=”6″ url=”https://www.seek.com.au/job/33692698?type=standout&userqueryid=d3e92d18aa72baca384d0eced57d90ce-8463047″ text=”APPLY FOR THIS JOB” ]