Emergency Services & Security Officer Mines Rescue – Nickel West
Emergency Services & Security Officer
At BHP they support people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, they offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities.
Their strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where employees feel strongly connected to values and objectives, and where the capability of their people is key to success. Come and be a part of this success.
About Nickel West
Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business. Our culture is rich with technical know-how, highly efficient and focused on innovation. The business employs over 2500 people from five operations across Western Australia comprising of nickel underground and open-cut mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery.
They also have plans to expand operations with new mines in the northern Goldfields and a large nickel sulphate plant in Kwinana.
A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West is undergoing an exciting business transformation to become a globally significant supplier of battery materials to the electric vehicle market. Nickel West will soon become the world’s largest producer of Nickel Sulphate, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries.
As the world’s largest producer of nickel briquettes and nickel powder, Nickel West is leading the new-energy revolution in Western Australia. Nickel West has an exciting future ahead. They invite you to join at Nickel West as they seek to energize our future
About the role
- Competitive salary on offer plus 12% superannuation and a range of company benefits
- Family friendly roster 7 days on 7 days off
- Surface and Underground Mines Rescue
Mt Keith / Cliffs Emergency Services Officer – requires a strong background in Medical, Surface and Underground Mines Rescue. Reporting to the Emergency Services Coordinator – Northern Operations, your primary roles will be the first point of contact for all site based emergencies, train and develop the Emergency Response team to maintain
ER competencies and capabilities and ensure all emergency response equipment is online and operational, including equipment inspections and records management.
Responsibilities for this role:
- To provide leadership and technical expertise to the emergency team in an unplanned event for both surface and underground environments.
- Provide the communication link from the FRT to the IMT.
- Provide medical support to the OHN as required.
- Train the Emergency Response team in all aspects of emergency response as per site ER training schedule.
- Maintain all ER and medical equipment ready for immediate use.
In order to be successful in this role, you will possess the below mandatory requirements:
- Certificate IV Health Care (Ambulance)
- Certificate IV Training and Assessing
- Certificate III Public Safety (Emergency and Firefighting) or Certificate III Mines Rescue Response
- Closed Circuit Breathing Apparatus (BG4) Underground Mines Rescue
- HR license
- Police Clearance
Further to this, the following attributes will be highly beneficial to this position:
- Diploma of Paramedical Science
- Minimum 3 years ESO experience
- Working knowledge of SAP, Excel and Word.
- ER competition training experience
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
Nickel West Mt Keith
Nickel West Mt Keith and Cliffs is located 460 kilometers north of Kalgoorlie in the Northern Goldfields. Nickel West Mt Keith is a surface mining operation with an open pit and concentrator plant, while Nickel West Cliffs is an underground mine.
The operations are surrounded by pastoral stations, with the nearest townships being Leinster and Wiluna. There’s plenty to keep you entertained in the Mt Keith Village.
Take the heat off the day and head to the pool – or join in a game of footy. BBQ dinners are regularly held and other social activities include movie nights. Employees commute to and from Perth on a fly in / fly out roster or form regional areas on a drive in / drive out roster
Supporting a diverse workforce
Candidates must meet the essential experience and qualifications to be considered for this position. If you satisfy all the applicant requirements and think you can make a difference, please apply below.
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://au.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=1c73bc82bda11fe3&tk=1codog4u2103a003&from=serp&vjs=3″ text=”CLICK APPLY NOW “]