Emergency Services Officer Senior Safety Advisor Pilbara WA
Emergency Services Officer
Purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with clients, customers, people and the community.
People are central to success and demonstrate vision to be recognized as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Due to continued growth through 2018 and beyond, they are seeking experienced Emergency Service Officer / Safety Advisor’s for remote WA based sites.
Reporting to the site Senior Safety Advisor, your primary responsibility will be to provide comprehensive safety, medical and emergency response services, whilst supporting other safety activities across the mining operations on a day to day basis.
You will also be required to develop and facilitate safety training to staff.
You will be working a FIFO 2:1 roster from Perth, with the expectation that both day and night shift rosters may be applicable to assist our mining operations in meeting their operational requirements.
What they expect from YOU
- Facilitate and participate in daily safety inspections, and assist the Site Manager with safety audits
- Participate in the management of emergency response facilities, vehicles and equipment, ensuring they are kept to regulation standard
- Conduct ERT and First Aid Training to site staff, including reporting for all HSET incidents and occurrences
- Conduct on-site drug and alcohol testing
- Comply with and promote site standards with reference to standards, practices, goals and procedures to HSET
- Develop, implement and facilitate all required training services as requested
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What YOU will bring
- Demonstrated experience as a paramedic within a remote environment
- Certificate IV in Health (Ambulance) or a Diploma in Paramedical Science
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessing will be highly regarded, but not essential
- Certificate IV in Workplace Healthy and Safety (desirable)
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, lateral thinking and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with an ability to import knowledge, coach and mentor others
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team – Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial – Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
Candidates must meet the essential experience and qualifications to be considered for this position. If you satisfy all the applicant requirements and think you can make a difference, please apply below.
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://au.jora.com/job/Emergency-Services-Officer-b633f055b1e244e21f7288519592cfdf” text=”CLICK APPLY NOW “]