Emergency Response Officer Medical Services FIFO West Pilbara
Officer Emergency Services – FIFO
- Ongoing continuous professional development
- Industry leading structural firefighting PPE/PPC
- Roles based in Paraburdoo, Tom Price and Greater Brockman
Looking for a number of enthusiastic Emergency Services Officers to join Emergency Services teams in the West Pilbara. They have residential roles vacant in Paraburdoo and Tom Price. (FIFO options will be considered). They have FIFO roles vacant in Greater Brockman.
You will be responsible for providing emergency response and medical support. Reporting to the Emergency Services Supervisor, you will be:
- Undertaking emergency and routine medical care in accordance with protocols.
- Undertaking emergency and routine fire and rescue duties.
- Operating emergency vehicles in accordance with Rio Tinto procedures and applicable state regulations.
- Managing and undertaking alcohol and other drug testing in accordance with the Rio Tinto Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy and Procedures.
- Conducting mayday, alarm and communication checks.
- Training, mentoring and actively recruiting Emergency Response Team (ERT) members
- Responding to fire alarms and conducting routine maintenance as per the site plan.
- Managing site emergency incidents as Incident Commander in conjunction with site ERT
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Certificate IV in Health Care (Ambulance) – minimum qualification
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue (or appropriate individual competencies)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Collector
- Driver’s License – National MR class
- National Police Certificate (Poisons Permit requirement)
- Extensive experience in pre-hospital medical evaluation & treatment
- Experience leading and managing emergency response teams within Mining or similar industries (or ability to rapidly acquire)
- A working knowledge of industrial emergency response and Department of Fire & Emergency Services (DFES) policy, protocols and procedures (or ability to rapidly acquire)
- Previous responsibility for emergency services resources in the prevention of, preparedness for, response to and recovery from likely emergency situations
- Professional experience working within a State-based emergency response agency
It will also beneficial if you have:
- Diploma or Bachelor of Paramedical Science
- Incident Command (AIIMS)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Where you will be working
- Tom Price/Western Turner – Residential (FIFO considered) on a 3D, 3N, 6 off roster
- Greater Brockman – FIFO on an 8:6/7:7 roster
- Paraburdoo – Residential (FIFO considered) on a 4D, 3N, 6 off / 4D, 4N, 6 off roster
As pioneers in mining and metals, produce materials essential to human progress.
Long history is filled with firsts. They have developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: materials make up the world. You’ll find then in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when they are accepted and valued for differences, not judged by them. They all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for a role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Candidates must meet the essential experience and qualifications to be considered for this position. If you satisfy all the applicant requirements and think you can make a difference, please apply below.
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://au.jora.com/job/Officer-308a8ecee59adab54dbef371d70a56ec” text=”CLICK APPLY NOW “]