Critical Care Paramedic Queensland Ambulance Service
Critical Care Paramedic (Intern)
The following mandatory requirements must be fulfilled in order for your application to be considered for the CCP internship:
- A Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Paramedic Science (Ambulance); and A Graduate Diploma in Intensive Care Paramedical Practice or equivalent qualifications, as deemed appropriate by the Commissioner QAS
- A current Authority to Practice as an Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP2) and must have worked independently as an ACP2 for a minimum of 2 years at the time of application, or equivalent for external applicants.
- Officers who have been in a non-operational role in the previous twelve months must demonstrate that they have worked a minimum of one full operational shift per fortnight during the twelve months prior to the commencement of the internship.
- Applicants are required to hold an open Queensland “C” Class Driver’s License (for a manual motor car) prior to the closing date for applicants. Interstate and international applicants must hold an equivalent license at the time of applying and will be expected to obtain a Queensland Driver’s License upon appointment
It is an express condition of employment for all people who are to perform roles with direct patient contact, to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following infectious diseases during their employment, as specified within the QAS Infectious Control Framework:
Diptheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough); Hepatitis B; Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR); Varicella (Chickenpox); Influenza; and Tuberculosis.
They are seeking applicants, within the context of the role responsibilities, possess the following key attributes:
- Demonstrated high level clinical knowledge to underpin practical development of critical care in the out of hospital phase of patient care.
- Proven ability to apply sound clinical reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills to assess patients’ needs and review patient health care records to determine best care alternatives.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills and the proven ability to negotiate, consult and collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated planning, critical thinking and organizational skills to effectively manage time, through prioritizing and delegating and the ability to ensure workplace health and safety standard are maintained as the lead clinician managing incidents.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain performance under pressure without a negative impact on self or others.
- Proven ability to work with and lead other staff and maintain positive and productive relationships with others.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism in all aspects of ambulance operational readiness and deployment.
- Demonstrated medical and physical fitness as determined by the QAS to safely undertake all the duties of ambulance work.
- Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below
Multiple vacancies and various locations available. Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
[maxbutton id=”6″ url=”https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobtools/jncustomsearch.viewFullSingle?in_organid=14904&in_jncounter=221600313&in_site=Indeed” text=”APPLY FOR THIS JOB” ]