Critical Care Nurses Non-emergency Patient Transport Victoria
Non-emergency Patient Transport
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service provides emergency aeromedical and health care services for people in rural and remote regions across Australia. RFDS Victoria supports the work of the Flying Doctors throughout Australia, and is also growing its clinical services across the state.
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) is a service division of RFDS Victoria, providing non-emergency patient transport services in both rural and metropolitan locations across VIC, TAS and NSW.
Based out of our Keilor East road base, the Critical Care Registered Nurse will provide high quality patient care and treatment during the transport of high acuity patients with a wide variety of medical conditions in accordance with RFDS MPC policies, procedures, and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations. A key focus of the role is on maintaining positive working relationships with clients including the Ambulance Victoria Adult Retrieval Team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Performing patient assessment, intervention and assess the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with all RFDS MPC policies and procedures, NEPT regulations and within prescribed scope of practice.
- Perform collaboratively with ARV Doctors, Flight Paramedics and problem solve within established policies and procedures when required.
- Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC Policies and procedures and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations to support best practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and verbal communication when delivering patient hand over to other health care professionals and in patient care records.
- Assume a position of control to direct other staff when required, make confident decisions in regards to patient assessment, care and interventions as required prior to patient pick up and during patient transfer.
- Present and promote a positive and professional image of the RFDS to other health professionals, clients, including patients and the general public.
Successful Critical Care Registered Nurses will be required to work on a variety of shift types including but not restricted to, Ambulance Victoria (AV) shifts, Adult Retrieval (ARV) shifts, Hospital Based Vehicle (HBV) shifts, AV Complex Patient Transport (CPAV) shifts, Ad Hoc shifts and High Acuity (HA) shifts. There may also be the potential for work on the RFDS non-emergency aircraft from Essendon Airport in the future.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in the intensive care unit, coronary care unit, ED or equivalent unit of a hospital within the last 24 month.
- Able to work collaboratively within a team; and
- Demonstrated skill and compliance with industry standards for patient assessment, care and documentation.
Essential qualifications, memberships and licenses:
- Registered Nurse Division 1 with certified current CCRN qualifications
- Current AHPRA registration
RFDS policies require that the below immunizations must be obtained by any new staff members prior to commencement of work. Please be aware that if you don’t have the following, you may not be eligible for a position in Mobile Patient Care.
- Hepatitis B – Evidence of at least 3 vaccinations and copy of results of immune status (Hepatitis B surface antibody)
- Varicella – Evidence of 2 doses of Varicella vaccine or results of blood tests demonstrating immunity to Varicella
- Pertussis – Evidence of most recent booster of Pertussis containing vaccine during adulthood (maximum 10 years)
You will be required to hold a current Victorian Driver’s License (mandatory) and have the ability to drive in both city and country traffic conditions.
A satisfactory National Police Check completed within the last 6 months and current satisfactory Working with Children Check are required for employment in this industry.
Candidates must meet the essential experience and qualifications to be considered for this position. If you satisfy all the applicant requirements and think you can make a difference, please apply below.
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://www.seek.com.au/job/37125145″ text=”CLICK APPLY NOW “]