Ambulance Transport Attendants & Patient Transport Officers – Multiple Vacancies
Ambulance Attendants and Patient Transport Officers
Provide high quality patient care and treatment during the transport of patients with a wide variety of medical conditions, in accordance with RFDS MPC policies, procedures, and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations. A key focus of the role is on maintaining positive working relationships with clients.
Victoria are looking to fill a number of casual positions across Metro and Rural regions of Victoria, including:
- Metro Melbourne
Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform patient assessment, intervention and assess the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with all RFDS MPC policies and procedures, NEPT regulations and within prescribed scope of practice.
- Perform independently and problem solve within established policies and procedures as well as work collaboratively with other team members when required.
- Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC Policies and procedures and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations to support best practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and verbal communication when delivering patient hand over to other health care professionals and in patient care records.
- Maintain contact with the controller of the day through correct radio procedure to ensure staff safety and accurate and timely job allocation.
- Assume a position of control to direct other staff when you are the senior person, make confident decisions in regard to patient assessment, care and interventions as required prior to patient pick up and during patient transfer.
- Present and promote a positive and professional image of the RFDS to other health professionals, clients, including patients and the general public.
Qualifications and Experience:
- ATA – Qualified as Ambulance Transport Attendant, Ambulance Officer, Ambulance Paramedic or Division 1 Registered Nurse.
- PTO – Minimum qualification of Cert III Non Emergency Patient Transport or Division 2 Enrolled Nurse.
- Experience working in the non-emergency patient transport sector in an equal role is preferred, otherwise a successful completion of HLTAMB014 – Transport non-emergency patients under operational conditions is required
Please note: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please click the “Apply” button and ensure you attach your current curriculum vitae and a cover letter.
[maxbutton id=”6″ url=”https://www.seek.com.au/job/33883263?type=standout&userqueryid=34745b8282b03f280adff4f8d64ea194-9702566″ text=”APPLY FOR THIS JOB” ]