Patient Transport Drivers Casual basis Sydney NSW
Patient Transport Drivers (Bankstown)
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a new community service
- Training provided
- Bankstown location
CareFlight is an aeromedical charity whose mission is to save lives, speed recovery and serve the community. Established in 1986, CareFlight provides the highest standard of pre-hospital care to their patients. CareFlight’s medical teams use helicopters, turbo-props and jet aircraft to reach patients as quickly as possible.
Critical care doctors, paramedics and nurses are specially trained in pre-hospital and transport medicine. They care for severely injured people who need emergency treatment at the scene of an accident. They also look after seriously ill people who need to be moved between hospitals or specialist care.
Currently seeking patient transport drivers to join Bankstown based patient transport service team on a casual basis.
As a key member of the crew, you will work with a team of professionals, be part of a leading aeromedical organization and enjoy a roster that will allow you a life outside of work.
Key responsibilities will include:
- assisting with the loading / unloading and manoeuvring of patients
- driving patients between various locations including hospital and the airport
- ensuring patient and transport crew safety and safe systems of work are adhered to
- maintaining vehicle log sheets and related documentation
- undertaking daily vehicle inspections and tending to basic vehicle needs (eg. fuel, fluid levels, tyre pressure, cleaning / washing and submitting for servicing as required); and
- demonstrating a strong commitment to safe and courteous driving at all times.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- a current unrestricted NSW driver’s license with an excellent driving record (documentary evidence of driving history from Service NSW to be provided with application)
- a current Senior First Aid Certificate
- well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds
- the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- the ability to follow instructions and work within standard operating procedures
- excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions quickly, under pressure; and
- a willingness and ability to undertake minor motor vehicle maintenance.
The following will also be highly regarded:
- Certificate III in Non-Emergency Patient Transport.
- Sound geographical knowledge of local area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manual handling techniques.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of our team, you can apply using the link below. Please ensure you attach a current resume and covering letter that addresses the role’s essential criteria.
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://au.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=6111c292dd67be27&tk=1cngfmms980pb8tv&from=serp&vjs=3″ text=”CLICK APPLY NOW “]