Occupational Health Nurse (Casual)
Occupational Health Nurse for a casual position
Jobfit Health Group delivers a broad range of occupational healthcare services to thousands of businesses nationally, including pre-employment medical assessments, work fitness assessments, injury management and prevention, drug and alcohol screening, onsite medical services, health surveillance and health and wellness programmed.
You will be responsible for working autonomously to complete all aspects of services including but not limited to pre-employment medical assessments, health surveillance programs, functional capacity evaluations, vaccinations and associated health promotion. Days and hours negotiable.
- Ensure at all times the highest level of customer service via optimal communication, presentation and professional expertise.
- Recognize and uphold the rights of all candidates accessing services, including maintaining cultural sensitivity.
- Provide high quality medical assessment primarily for pre-employment medical assessments, including hearing (audiometry exams), spirometry (lung function assessment), vision screening, musculoskeletal examinations, functional capacity evaluations, drug and alcohol screenings and other relevant requirements.
- General health and wellness promotion, cessation of smoking, exercise and diet modification.
- Referrals where appropriate to allied health services / specialists for review e.g. GP, optometrist review, diabetic nurse educator etc.
- Manage allocated administrative and service tasks including concise and accurate documentation of all relevant findings, and ensuring time frames and schedules are adhered to.
- Order and restock medical supplies, linen and other equipment.
- Ensure equipment is well maintained for safe and accurate use e.g. calibration of equipment, expiration dates.
- Comply with privacy and confidentiality principles to all work practices including the Fullerton Health Australia policies and procedures.
- Degree level qualifications in nursing
- Current nursing registration with AHPRA
- Current Australian drivers license
- Previous experience conducting occupational health assessments well regarded
- Qualifications and experience in vaccinations, audio metric testing, and drug and alcohol assessments (preferred)
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to best practice
- Commitment to ethical behavior and conduct
As part of the recruitment process candidates may be required to attend a company funded pre-employment medical.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Jobfit Health Group forms part of the Fullerton Health Group who are leaders in occupational health, allied health, general practice, third party administration, emergency assistance and response.
[maxbutton id=”6″ url=”https://www.seek.com.au/job/33505708?type=standout&userqueryid=d3e92d18aa72baca384d0eced57d90ce-8463047″ text=”APPLY FOR THIS JOB” ]