Mining Medic Jobs WA
Mining Medic Jobs WA
Health Care Positions Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
Red5 are looking to hire emergency medical officers for work in WA around Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance. If you’ve got your HLT41115 – Certificate IV in Health Care and other essential requirements be sure to send over a resume!
Details about this paramedic role:
Red 5 Limited is an ASX listed international gold producer mining company that operates the Darlot and King of the Hills (KOTH) gold mines.
Since acquiring these two assets in October 2017, Red 5 has successfully ramped-up gold production to an annualised run-rate of +110,000 oz/year and is now conducting aggressive exploration programs to increase the resource and reserve base.
The Company has identified an emerging opportunity at KOTH, which has the potential to transform Red 5 into a mid-tier gold producer, through the development of a second stand-alone gold mining and processing hub in the Eastern Goldfields. The plan is to build a new 4Mtpa CIL processing plant to support a 10-year open pit operation, delivering average life-of-mine production of 140,000oz. A Final Feasibility Study for this integrated mine development is currently underway and is scheduled for completion by mid CY2020.
Red 5 Limited are currently seeking an Emergency Medical Officer to join their OHS Department primarily working at our Darlot Gold Mine. This role is offered on a 8 days on, 6 days off roster and is FIFO from Perth.
Reporting to the Coordinator OHS, you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of company operational and commercial targets in a safe, productive and efficient manner by providing emergency, medical and health services to site.
Key responsibilities for Mining Medic Jobs WA will include:
- Provision of clinical assessment of patients in conjunction with Poison permit holder, provision of treatment and follow-up for ongoing injury management;
- Day to day operation of the medical clinic which includes the management of supplies and medications, patient records, on-call support, arrangement of doctors’ appointments, pre-employment medical review and clear concise clinic EOM reporting;
- Maintaining all emergency equipment in a state of readiness;
- Facilitate required site mock evacuations surface and underground, including de-brief with stakeholders and reporting;
- Providing ongoing training to the Emergency Response Team including regular practice of emergency scenarios;
- Ensuring the Incident Management and Emergency Management Teams are fully briefed and aware of their responsibilities & duties with respect to incident management;
- Monitoring and responding to emergency calls and initial incident reports, mobilising assistance as required and coordinating the ERT at the incident scene;
- Conducting Drug & Alcohol testing;
- Conducting occupational hygiene testing;
- Coordination and facilitation of RTW for injured workers; and
- Other duties as directed by OHS Superintendent or delegate.
Key factors for your success in this health care job include:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role in an underground mining environment with mine rescue, emergency response, and site medic responsibilities.
- Experience in training delivery.
- Experience leading an Emergency Response Team.
- Cert III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue.
- Certificate IV in Health Care (Pre-Hospital Care).
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment.
- Drug and Alcohol Testing (Nationally Accredited Training).
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated recent competence in open and closed-circuit breathing apparatus, fire suppression, hazardous materials, vertical and confined space rescue and vehicle extrication.
- National Police Check (valid within the last 12 months.
- Valid WA “C” manual Driver’s License.
- Previous experience, in mineral processing environments – preferably gold;
- Site based injury management experience;
- Ventilation technician and Noise officer qualifications;
- Diploma of Paramedical Science;
- MR/HR driver’s licence
Benefits of this job:
They offer a competitive salary package, including 10% superannuation, health allowance, salary continuance and life insurance. You will also be eligible for our annual bonus scheme.
Red 5 Limited employees benefit from a culture that supports a safe, modern and secure working environment, favorable working conditions, training and development opportunities, career advancement opportunities, and the autonomy and responsibility to achieve individual, project and organisational goals.
Due to the high volume of applications received for our advertised positions, only those applicants who are short listed will be contacted. To those applicants not short listed, they extend our appreciation for considering Red 5 Limited as a potential employer.
Are you ready to start a career in paramedicine?
Find out how you can get started by filling out one of our career development plans.