Kimberley Health Care Paramedic Jobs
Kimberley Health Care Paramedic Jobs
Panoramic Resources are seeking a Paramedic & ERT Coordinator to join their health and safety team onsite. If you’ve got your HLT51015 – Diploma of Paramedical Science or Bachelor of Paramedicine be sure to apply ASAP!
This permanent role is offered on a FIFO capacity from (Perth, Broome or Darwin) or DIDO (Kununurra & Halls Creek) rotating a roster of 15 Days on / 13 Days off.
About Kimberley Health Care Paramedic Jobs:
This role is responsible for managing optimal health of the workforce at the Savannah Nickel Mine by effectively coordinating all occupational health, injury management, rehabilitation, health promotion and associated functions. This role also provides medical services, including AOD testing and ensures medical facilities are maintained. This role will be a member of the emergency response team and will be the first responder to all emergency incidents while supporting training and HSE activities. Main responsibilities of the role will include;
- Manage an effective site medical facility and ambulance, ensuring adequate first aid and treatment resources are always available.
- Maintain the site ambulance in a state of readiness through weekly checks and maintenance schedules.
- Review and process pre-employment medicals and associated site entry requirements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records of employees.
- Provide support, advice and information to all employees and contractors and other interested parties regarding health and safety issues.
- Facilitate external service providers to conduct recommended regular services.
- Liaise with department managers, doctors, injury management coordinators and the injured person in the fulfilment of a structured rehabilitation program with the aim of returning the injured person back to full-time employment as soon as possible.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the site’s emergency plan, call out systems and related procedures.
- Ensure suitable numbers of site personnel are trained in all areas of emergency response.
- Ensure rescue equipment is regularly inspected and maintained in good working order.
- Inspect the sites fire protection system (fire hoses, hose reels and fire extinguishers) and liaise with maintenance providers as required.
- Regularly attend daily and departmental safety meetings.
- Conduct regular safety and health audits and inspections and recommend specific accident prevention control measures.
- Conduct and follow up incident investigations if /when required.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with all site procedures, company policy, government regulations and all other relevant policies and standards.
- Comply with relevant statutory, corporate and site systems, policies and procedures to ensure smooth operation of the mine to meet the project schedule.
- Develop and implement site policies, procedures, plans and guidelines relating to emergency, medical management.
- Maintain and secure accurate and up-to-date medical records of employees.
Relevant Experience & Qualifications
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in similar role, with a preference of exposure in underground mining environment.
- Experience in directing an Emergency Response Team in emergency and provide maintenance training to Emergency Response Team members.
- Experience in facilitating First Aid and Fire and Emergency Response training.
- Experience in Workers Compensation and Injury Management.
- APHRA Registered Paramedic / Nurse.
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response. (If not, fully qualified minimum required; RIIERR306A – Conduct underground search and RIIERR303A – Operate in self-contained regenerative oxygen breathing apparatus
- HLT51015 – Diploma of Paramedical Science / Bachelor of Science (Paramedical Science and/or Bachelor of Science (Nursing).
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus Respond to Fire, Road Accident Rescue, HAZMAT and Confined Space Rescue.
- Authorised Drug and Alcohol Tester Certification.
- Current Advanced Life Support Certificate (Preferred).
- Cert IV Training & Assessment.
- ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence.
About the company hiring for Kimberley Health Care Paramedic Jobs:
Panoramic Resources is ASX listed company established in 2001. Their Savannah underground nickel sulphide mine and processing plant are located in the East Kimberley. The Savannah Nickel Project is a significant Australian sulphide orebody with 8-year mine life as well as an exciting future ahead. Their site is undergoing a period of growth and business transformation. The company’s vision is to broaden its exploration and production base, with the aim of being a major diversified mining company in the S&P/ASX 100 Index.