ESO Paramedic Jobs WA
ESO Paramedic Jobs WA
The primary purpose of the Emergency Service Officers (ESO) is to provide emergency response and medical support under the leadership of the Emergency Services Supervisor (ESS).
- Conformance to the Emergency Services Plan on a Page (PoaP).
- Undertake emergency and routine medical care in accordance with protocols.
- Undertake emergency and routine fire and rescue duties.
- Maintain and control medical, fire and rescue assets as per Rio Tinto procedures, manufacturer specifications and applicable regulations or standards.
- Operate emergency vehicles in accordance with Rio Tinto procedures and applicable state regulations.
- Coordinate the servicing and maintenance of medical, fire and rescue assets.
- Manage and undertake alcohol and other drug testing in accordance with the Clients Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy and Procedures.
- Conduct snake handling and relocation as required.
- Conduct mayday, alarm and communication checks.
- Train, mentor and actively recruit Emergency Response Team (ERT) members for their respective shift.
- Respond to fire alarms and conduct routine maintenance as per the site plan.
- Manage site emergency incidents as Incident Commander in conjunction with site ERT.
- Regularly inspect and report on fire breaks, perimeter security, firefighting equipment, first aid and emergency equipment (including radio communication).
- Assist in delivering annual BRT training, desktops and scenarios.
- Support the preparedness of the ERT for each location according to agreed emergency response and rescue plans in order to improve emergency management capacity and response.
- Carry out shift recording and administrative tasks as required.
- Support audits of emergency response procedures, documentation and capability in line with internal and statutory requirements.
- Complete task and project work as directed by the Emergency Services Supervisor (ESS)Undertake additional duties as directed by ESS.
ESO Paramedic Jobs WA *QUALIFICATIONS:
- HLT41115 – Certificate IV in Health Care (Ambulance)
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue (or below individual competencies)
- Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- Undertake road accident rescue
- Confined space rescue
- Vertical rescue
- Urban fire
- Render hazardous materials incidents safe
- Employ personal protection at a hazardous materials incident
- Operate pumps
- Drive vehicles under operational conditions
- Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
- Monitor hazardous atmospheres
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Collector
- Maritime Security Identification Card (Coastal)
- Diploma or Bachelor of Paramedical Science
- Incident Command
- Certificate II in Security Operations (Coastal)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Drivers License – National MR class
- Current National Police Certificate (Poisons Permit requirement)
Living the Values – Basic Application
- Aligning behaviours, decisions and actions with the values and principles in The way we work and related Group guidelines and standards
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable policies, regulations, standards and governance requirements
- Treating all people fairly and consistently, and with dignity and respect
- Maintaining high standards of behaviour in the work environment
- Being ethical, honest and sensitive in all dealings
- Taking corrective action to address inappropriate decision or actions
Operational Delivery – Basic Application
- Have an understanding of Emergency Services function and their application to the mining industry and local
Communities (AIIMS, DFES SOP’s, State Ambulance Service, WESTPLAN etc.)
Leading Self – Basic Application
- Taking ownership for own performance and decisions on their impact on the business
- Seeking opportunities for personal feedback, learning and development
- Understanding the impact of behaviours on others
- Exhibiting self-confidence, humility, energy and drive
- Acting decisively when tough or quick action is required
- Motivating and developing people to deliver superior results
ESO Paramedic Jobs WA *REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Substantial experience in pre-hospital medical evaluation & treatment.
- Experience leading and managing emergency response teams within Mining or similar industries (or ability to rapidly acquire).
- A working knowledge of industrial emergency management and Department of Fire & Emergency Services (DEFS), policy, protocols and procedures (or ability to rapidly acquire).
- Previous responsibility for emergency management resources in the prevention of, preparedness for, response to and recovery from likely emergency situations.
- Leadership and incident control.
- Development and implementation of emergency service policy, procedures, plans and protocols.
- Developing and facilitating emergency response team training and exercises.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Experience working in remote locations.
- Ability to work unsupervised and plan own work.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://www.seek.com.au/job/39430374?searchrequesttoken=817bd95c-ef49-491e-be08-2fe5045a5616&type=standout” ]