Emergency Services Officer Job at Rio Tinto Pannawonica WA
Emergency Services Officer
- Opportunity to be part of an established site with a supportive and friendly team culture
- Enhance your experience in the field of Emergency Services
- Enjoy the lifestyle roster of 7/7 – Pannawonica
Looking for an Officer Emergency Services to provide a systemic approach to emergency services, both pro-active and re-active, based on prevention, preparedness, response and recovery.
This role is a great opportunity for a passionate and self-motivated individual to contribute to the emergency response capability on the site. You will be coordinating and supporting emergency response for the site operations as per the statutory requirements and company policies. Naturally, you will be open-minded with the ability to adapt in this close-knit team of nine emergency response officers.
You will be looking after Mesa J mine as well as the township of Pannawonica, no two days will be the same in such a unique role.
Working on a 7/7 roster, consisting of 3 days/4 nights/7 off and reporting to the Supervisor Emergency Services, you will be:
- Committed to promoting a safe culture according to the Rio Tinto safety standards.
- Undertaking emergency and routine medical care in accordance with protocols.
- Undertaking emergency and routine fire and rescue duties.
- Managing site emergency incidents as Incident Commander
- Developing and maintain the Emergency Response capability
- Fostering close relationships with both external and internal stakeholders
- Undertaking emergency response training
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Certificate IV in Health Care (Ambulance)
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue (or individual competencies)
- A Current C Class Manual Drivers License
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Collector
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Diploma or Bachelors of Paramedical Science
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Incident Command (AIIMS)
Where you will be working
They are inviting you to be a part of a tightknit community and enjoy a residential lifestyle at Pannawonica. Located in the scenic Pilbara region and within close distance to the major center of Karratha, the vibrant town offers a sought-after lifestyle and affordable living in comfortable subsidized housing.
This is a great opportunity for you and your family to contribute to a unique community and enjoy a wide range of seasonal outdoor activities; allowing you to find the perfect balance between leisure and work. From the popular annual rodeo event to other regular social and cultural activities, local residents can make the most of modern amenities. The town of Pannawonica is supported by a resident doctor, excellent primary school, supermarket, and a local community gym and youth center.
As pioneers in mining and metals, they produce materials essential to human progress.
Long history is filled with firsts. They have developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and their people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: materials make up the world around. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
Diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if you are looking for a new venture and would like to gain exposure to a global, leading-edge mining company, join us today.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Candidates must meet the essential experience and qualifications to be considered for this position. If you satisfy all the applicant requirements and think you can make a difference, please apply below.
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://au.jora.com/job/Emergency-Services-Officer-dde02ef85f133c25712b5f86a9224a68″ text=”CLICK APPLY NOW “]