Central Plaza and Smithfield Doctors Cairns Seeking Registered Nurses Casual Positions
Registered Nurses (Casual)
Well-renowned general practices focused on meeting the healthcare needs of the local community and surrounding areas. They offer a wide range of services including family medicine, skin cancer surgery, work injury management WorkCover, and occupational health services such as pre-employment medicals and return to work assessments.
Seeking enthusiastic and motivated Registered Nurses for a casual positions Monday to Sunday up to 38 hours per week.
- Ensure at all times the highest level of customer service via optimal communication, presentation and professional expertise.
- Recognize and uphold the rights of all patients and candidates accessing services, including maintaining cultural sensitivity.
- Provide high quality medical assessment primarily for pre-employment medical assessments, including hearing (audiometry exams), spirometry (lung function assessment), vision screening, musculoskeletal examinations, functional capacity evaluations, drug and alcohol screenings and other relevant requirements.
- General health and wellness promotion, cessation of smoking, exercise and diet modification.
- Triage and assisting doctors with general patient care including surgical procedure setup
- Referrals where appropriate to allied health services / specialists for review e.g. GP, optometrist review, diabetic nurse educator etc.
- Manage allocated administrative and service tasks including recalls and reminders, concise and accurate documentation of all relevant findings, and ensuring time frames and schedules are adhered to.
- Order and restock medical supplies, linen and other equipment.
- Ensure equipment is well maintained for safe and accurate use e.g. calibration of equipment, expiration dates.
- Comply with privacy and confidentiality principles to all work practices including the Fullerton Health Australia policies and procedures.
- Current unrestricted nursing registration with AHPRA
- Registered Nurse (RN) qualifications
- Current Australian drivers license
- Previous experience in General Practice is highly regarded but not compulsory
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to best practice
- Commitment to ethical behaviour and conduct
Central Plaza Doctors and Smithfield Central Doctors are part of the Fullerton Health Group who are leaders in occupational health, allied health, general practice, integrative medicine, third party administration, emergency assistance and response.
Please click the “Apply” button and ensure you attach your current curriculum vitae and a cover letter
[maxbutton id=”6″ url=”https://www.seek.com.au/job/33828267?type=standout&userqueryid=d3e92d18aa72baca384d0eced57d90ce-6895826″ text=”APPLY FOR THIS JOB” ]