Ambulance Patient Transport Attendant Plus Victoria
Ambulance Attendant plus PTO – Blackburn VIC
Meditrans Patient Transport Pty Ltd is a private family business providing quality. non-emergency patient transport for over 26 years. Meditrans only operate day shifts with occasional long distance transports.
Shifts start from Blackburn and sometimes Dandenong
- Seeking only qualified professional personnel with actual on road experience working as an Ambulance Transport Attendant (minimum 2 Year’s experience) or Patient Transport Officer (minimum 1 year experience) to fill casual shift vacancies and or as standby crew.
- Only pro-active personnel with aptitude skills.
The selected personnel will complement their service with provision of high quality patient care in transporting of hospital and private patients with varying medical conditions in accordance with Meditrans policies and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations.
They use only Ferno 50e or Ferno 50 manual stretchers in vehicles and Zoll SAED monitoring equipment.
Key responsibilities include
- Work collaboratively as a team member and perform independently and problem solve as as required.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and verbal English communication when delivering patient hand over to health care professionals and in patient care records.
- Maintain contact with office controller to ensure staff safety and accurate and timely job allocation.
- Make confident and competent decisions in regard to patient assessment, care and interventions as required prior to patient pick up and during patient transfers.
- Meet all Meditrans policies, NEPT CPP’s and NEPT Regulations within prescribed scope of practice.
- Present and promote a positive and professional image of Meditrans ar all times to other health professionals, clients, patients and the general public.
- Be available for shifts and or on paid standby as required.
Qualifications and Experience
English speaking residents with minimum Australian certification;
- Ambulance Transport Attendant – (ATA) Minimum Qualification as an Ambulance Transport Attendant, Ambulance Officer or Ambulance Paramedic.
- Patient Transport Officer – (PTO) Minimum qualification is Cert III Non-Emergency Patient Transport
- ATA Applicants will have a minimum of 2 years actual experience.
- PTO Applicants will have a minimum of 1 year actual experience.
You are required to hold a current full Victorian Driver’s License with a clean driving record with the ability to drive in both city and country traffic conditions.
A current satisfactory National Police Check is required for employment in this industry as is a current 1st Aid /CPR certification.
A Working with Children Check will be required after initial introductory employment period.Valid and up to date written references with contact numbers are required.
Photo copies of qualification certification must be accompanied with original certificates for confirmation being the genuine article.
- Rate of pay is $30.00 (PTO) and $35.00 (ATA) per hour on a minimum 6* *hour shift which extend to longer hours as the case may be.
- Standby Rate is $6.00 per hour with your commitment to be ready to work when called.
Meditrans is a private ‘proudly independent family business (less than 9 employees) that pay over award rates. Meditrans is not contracted to AV or any Government departments.
Only medically fit team players, who work hard, can lift, start on time and follow company directions need apply. Lettuce leafs and wannabee’s need not apply.
Please be advised they do not subscribe to large company style employee contracts or shift allowances, and we are not a training organization.
Would you like to apply?
Applicants who do not hold the appropriate certification and actual on road experience and applicants who fail to provide appropriate documentation will not be considered.
[maxbutton id=”7″ url=”https://au.indeed.com/cmp/Meditrans-Patient-Transport-Pty-Ltd/jobs/Ambulance-Attendant-Plus-Pto-3b0e983bb05299df” text=”CLICK APPLY NOW “]